Camping and RVing should be fun for everybody involved. But it’s hard to have fun when you’ve had an accident or when illness strikes unexpectedly. By preparing for the unexpected, you can help ensure the health and safety of every one, allowing the good times keep rolling. At Frog City RV Park, the premier Lafayette campground, we always strive to make your stay as enjoyable as possible and look forward to helping you stay safe and healthy during your stay with us. When prepping for your next camping trip, don’t overlook the following:
- Get vaccinated. Your pet is not the only one who is vulnerable to disease when outdoors. Consult your doctor about what vaccinations he would recommend for your family based on your destination. Vaccines can protect you against meningitis, tetanus, hepatitis A or other contractible diseases.
- Pack food in waterproof and airtight containers. Remember to always keep certain foods cooler by always refrigerating them or keeping them on ice.
- Cook foods thoroughly.
- Wash hands and campground surfaces often.
- Never use fuel-burning equipment inside closed shelters like tents or campers. Charcoal grills, lanterns, heaters and gas stoves can cause dangerous levels of carbon monoxide to build, causing illness and death in both people and animals.
- Learn about the area wildlife. Know just what wildlife may be present in the area, when they should be out and about and what to do if you encounter them. Make sure you know where your children and pets are at all times and plan recreational activities around the times that wildlife may be active.
- Protect yourself against pests. Ticks and mosquitoes can cause a variety of illnesses. Stay safe by utilizing a variety of insect repellents on your body and within the campground to avoid both short and long-term health issues.