Though we’ve got plenty of amenities and opportunities to keep you and your family happily busy while staying here at Lafayette’s premier RV park and campgrounds, we understand that the reason you made Louisiana a destination is to see and explore more of the area. Here in Cajun country, you’ll find warm and welcoming communities and plenty of unique experiences that promise to fill your trip with plenty of memories. We’ve selected a few of our guests favorite spots to eat and play in and around Lafayette and just thought we’d share them with you:
- Avery Island – If you’re like us, you’re a big fan of Tabasco. As such, you’ll want to tour the facility there. Avery Island has been home to the spicy condiment since the McIlhenny family opened the factory there in 1868. The island also includes a 170 acre jungle garden, bayous, marshes and all the wildlife that comes with them.
- Zoo of Acadiana – On the outskirts of Lafayette lies a quaint local zoo, Zoosiana. The park includes more than 750 animals from 130 different species. With weekend life animal shows, a safari train ride and a petting zoo, kids of all ages can find something that they enjoy at the zoo.
- Blue Dog Cafe – Though the lines can get a bit long for their Sunday brunch, it is definitely worth the wait. With famous dishes such as their Shrimp Rockefeelr soup and cornbread dressing, the menu at the Blue Dog is accompanied by live jazz and cajun bands and the artwork of owner and native artist George Rodrique.
- Ghost Tour in New Orleans – For older kids and adults, the 2-hour tour visits the Gulf city’s most infamous haunts, including the Lafayette cemetery. Find out why A&E, the History Channel and the Travel Channel have all featured this creepy and mysterious guided tour.
- Vermilionville – This restored 19th century cajun village is a favorite among visitors and residents alike. With guided boat tours of the area, costumed docents who explain the area’s history and live music by local bands every Sunday, there is something at Vermilionville for just about everybody.